Root Canal Therapy Sydney NSW
Undergoing root canal treatment could save your tooth.
Root canal treatment can become necessary due to a variety of different circumstances.
When a tooth is damaged the nerves within the tooth, also known as the tooth’s pulp, can become infected. An infection in the canals of the root can cause a handful of different symptoms:
- Severe toothaches
- Swollen or tender gums around the tooth
- Pus pockets in the gums
- Darkening of the tooth
- Consistent sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
Symptoms are not always present because the body may be fighting the infection. This is why it is important to attend regular check-ups. Here at Hooper Tooth Conserving Dentistry in Rose Bay we can assess the health of your smile and can identify infection before it worsens and spreads.
How the treatment can benefit you
Removing infected pulp can save a tooth from extraction. If the tooth pulp cannot repair itself it will die. Root canal therapy is then performed to manage the subsequent infection that will arise. With the help of minimally invasive dental techniques; we may be able to restore the tooth
to full functionality once more.
How the treatment works:
- Carefully our dental team will remove the infected or inflamed pulp from the tooth.
- The canals will be cleaned and sterilised, ensuring the tooth is infection free.
- The tooth may be filled with medication and sealed for a time to ensure the tooth is clear of contamination.
- Once there is no infection detected in the tooth, it will be permanently sealed and the tooth can then be restored.
Don’t be afraid
Root canal treatment is not that bad! The real pain is usually in the lead up to the appointment so if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, seek dental help for relief.