Teeth Whitening Sydney NSW
Teeth whitening treatments available at Hooper Tooth Conserving Dentistry are a simple, safe and inexpensive way to cosmetically enhance your smile.
Offering both in-chair and at home treatments, tooth whitening is the most popular cosmetic treatment available. Performed by a dentist, our treatments are clinically proven to effectively brighten your pearly whites – in as little as a single treatment.
What causes discolouration?
Discolouration is the leading reason patients choose teeth whitening treatments. There are a number of different factors contributing to teeth discolouration including:
- Consuming tea, coffee, staining foods, red wine and product containing food colouring
- Some medications
- General oral hygiene habits
These are only a few of the most common causes for discolouration and not all can be solved with teeth whitening products. During your visit with Hooper Tooth Conserving Dentistry, we will ensure you are up to date with any information surrounding your treatment options to ensure the treatment is best for you.
Get the right advice
As we mentioned, in some cases whitening treatment may not be able to resolve your discolouration problems. Here at Hooper Tooth Conserving Dentistry, we will personally assess your smile, and determine the best treatment method to help you achieve the results you deserve.
Assessing your smile
Prior to your treatment our professionals will:
- Assess your oral health – if your gums are severely damaged for example, you may experience increased sensitivity compared to if you had healthy gums.
- Narrow down the cause behind any discolourations or spots – in some cases, just a general scale and clean could be the right option for you which could potentially save you money
- Inform you of your treatment options – We offer offer a number of take-home treatment options or you can choose a combination of both in-chair treatment and take-home treatment plan, depending on your needs.
- Ensuring you are comfortable with your treatment plan and any influencing factors – this could involve sensitivity (not always) and also the results we expect you should achieve.
Your treatment options explained:
|At Home Teeth Whitening||In-Chair Teeth Whitening|
|20 – 30 minutes per day for 7-10 days||1 hour in the chair (+ at home treatment)|
|1-2 weeks||Immediate (but requires at home for long term result)|
|Custom made trays are constructed to precisely apply whitening gel to your teeth||Your gums and lips are carefully protected and a strong whitening agent is applied to your teeth, which may be further activated by a light|
|Carbamide peroxide||Hydrogen peroxide|
|Rare if no existing history||May cause some temporary discomfort|
|1-2 applications 3-6 monthly if necessary||at home application 6 monthly if necessary|
Post treatment care
To ensure your whitening results are long-lasting, it’s important that you take time to care for your teeth properly post-treatment. Make sure you brush twice daily and floss as well as attend regular check-ups to scale and clean your teeth.
How Hooper Tooth Conserving Dentistry teeth whitening differs from competitors
- All treatments include a tooth remineralising agent to strengthen tooth enamel, maintain results and reduce the risk of any sensitivity.
- Complimentary whitening refills are available at your regular check-ups where applicable.